What is R32?
Difluoromethane is a halogenated hydrocarbon (chemical formula: CH2F2), abbreviated as R32. It is a gas at room temperature, and is a colorless and transparent liquid under its own pressure. It is easily soluble in oil and insoluble in water. It is a coolant with zero ozone loss potential.
It is used as a dry etching agent, a substitute for the low-temperature refrigerant R-502, or a mixed refrigerant with HFC-134a and HFC-152a to replace HCFC-22. R32 refrigerant is a coolant with zero ozone depletion potential.
Difluoromethane and pentafluoroethane form an azeotrope (known as R-410A) that is used as a replacement for chlorofluorocarbons (also known as Freon) in new coolant systems, primarily as a replacement for HCFC-22 , as a compound medium and low temperature mixed refrigerant. Although it has zero ozone depletion potential, it has a high global warming potential that is 550 times that of carbon dioxide on a per 100-year basis.
Note on storage and transportation of R32 refrigerant
(1) R32 storage
- The R502 refrigerant cylinder is a pressurized container. It should be stored away from fire, heat sources and direct sunlight. It is usually stored in a cool, dry and ventilated warehouse;
- R502 is stored separately from oxidants, inflammables or combustibles, and aluminum, and remember to store them together.
- The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment
- Pay attention to the name of the product and the date of acceptance when accepting, and the advanced warehouse will be used first;
(2) R32 transportation
- When transporting in cylinders, the safety cap on the cylinder must be worn. The cylinders are placed horizontally, and the mouths of the cylinders are in the same direction, and do not store them crosswise;
- When handling, it should be lightly loaded and unloaded to prevent damage to accessories such as cylinders and valves.
- In summer, it should be transported in the morning and evening to prevent sun exposure and keep away from heat sources;
- It is forbidden to slip away during railway and road transportation;
- It is strictly forbidden to mix with oxidants, flammable or combustible materials, active metals, etc.
Choosing an environmentally friendly refrigerant has a significant effect on a safe, environmentally protective, and energy-efficient heat pump. After all the other refrigerants, R32 refrigerant becomes the newest favor in heat pump manufacturing. Here are the reasons!
1:R32 has a lower environmental impact. While having the ODP, which is the ozone depression potential, equals zero, it has the global warming potential called GWP much lower than the commonly used refrigerants R22 and R410A.
2:R32 is nontoxic Moreover, R32 refrigerant is higher in COP/EER than R410A. Therefore, R32 refrigerant will be the future trend of refrigerant in high COP heat pump manufacturing.
3:R32 the tendency is that the industry is moving more and more toward natural refrigerants where this is technologically feasible. Synthetic refrigerants are still likely to play a large role in the refrigeration and air conditioning industry, but this will be in systems with the smallest possible charge of the refrigerant and with new low GWP substances.
AIRCAL HEAT PUMP CO., LTD.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us