How to "Select" the Best Place to Install a Heat Pump Outdoors
Where can the heat pump be installed?
- In some hotels or schools, there is a lot of space on the roof, which is very conducive to the installation of air energy heat pumps. When installing on the roof, you should choose to install the load-bearing beam.
2. The courtyard
- Rural self-built houses and villas generally have a yard with a large area. The air energy heat pump is directly installed on the first floor, which saves the cost of a crane. However, the yard is exposed to the natural environment, in order to avoid miscellaneous objects such as sticks Into the fan and damage the evaporator, pay attention to the necessary protection of the air energy heat pump body.
- In most residential or office buildings, the balconies are designed to be very spacious, and there is enough space to install an air source heat pump. Placing it on the balcony can protect the air energy heat pump body from the sun and rain, which is more conducive to prolonging the service life of the product.
4. Outdoor air conditioning
- For the split type, it is a good solution to install the heat pump host in the reserved outdoor air-conditioning space of the building and the water tank on the balcony. However, at present, many families have installed more than one air conditioner, and there is basically no space for the air conditioner reserved outside. Therefore, there are not many air energy water heaters installed in reserved air conditioning spaces. However, with the requirement of "reserving the location of the air-energy heat pump" in the joint plan, I believe this situation will gradually improve.
What should I pay attention to when installing the heat pump?
1. As close as possible to the main heating pipe
- The host should be as close as possible to the main heating pipe and the electric control box, and the shorter the connecting pipe, the better. This not only reduces the installation cost, but also reduces the heat dissipation of the outdoor pipes, and also ensures the performance of the unit. For the frequency conversion split unit, the requirements are higher, and the distance between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit is not more than 3 meters. The indoor machine room should also be insulated to prevent the equipment from freezing and damaging the equipment if the power outage is too long.
2. Stay away from the bedroom
- The installation location is far away from the bedroom, the air can start making a lot of noise, and there is also noise when running, which affects sleep. Stay away from your own bedroom and also be mindful of the distance from your neighbor's bedroom.
3. Pay attention to ventilation
- The surroundings of the installation unit should be clean, and sundries should not be piled up, so as not to affect the ventilation.
Locations where heat pumps cannot be installed
1: Do not install the outdoor unit in a closed area such as a garage or attic
- Your heat pump will run out of air to draw, freeze or heat from this enclosed space and significantly reduce comfort.
- Heat pump units will lose efficiency due to fresh air delivery limitations.
2: Don't get too close to the wall
- Keep the heat pump approximately 4 to 8 inches off the ground to prevent snow and other debris from reaching the components of the unit.
3: Stay away from growing plants
- Plants should be kept away from heat pumps.
- Keep plants as far away from the heating unit as possible to avoid airflow obstruction.
4: Don't go near windows or bedrooms
- There will be noise when the heat pump starts, try to avoid close to the window/bedroom, so as not to affect people's normal life.
5: Do not go near snow or water when it rains
- Avoid placing the heat pump unit on a wall where snow or water may accumulate when it rains, if the snow drifts towards the unit and reduces its airflow, it will reduce its efficiency and output.
AIRCAL HEAT PUMP CO., LTD.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us