SIX WAYS to Keep Your Heat Pump Running (more than 15 years old)
More and more Heat pumps are built to last
The life expectancy of a heat pump is usually around 15 years. As already pointed out, the life expectancy of a heat pump depends on different factors. These factors include the location, maintenance level and type of heat pump you have. Some heat pumps are only available for 10 years, but newer units being manufactured today usually last longer due to technological developments
Regularly serviced heat pumps will extend the lifespan of two to three years. Pre-season inspections and cleaning are required to ensure the system has a longer lifespan.
We recommend that you check some values yourself
For some common problems, you can and should monitor your heat pump yourself to avoid further problems. Actually, there are some values and checklists you should pay attention to to avoid system failure or expensive repairs. These checks can be performed periodically while waiting for the appointment of a technician.
There are a few things you can do yourself to help keep your heat pump in good working order:
- 1. Change or clean the air filter every 30 to 60 days.
- 2. Keep grass, dirt, snow and other gravel away from the outdoor unit.
- 3. Maintain a 2-foot clearance area around the heat pump.
- 4. Keep air flow and vents open through dust supply and return registers.
However, if you notice signs of unusual operation, you may need to call an HVAC technician to check that everything is working properly
------We pay attention to 6 details that help to better protect the performance of the heat pump and prolong its service life.
- 1: When using and maintaining the heat pump unit, it should be noted that all safety protection devices in the unit are set before leaving the factory, and do not disassemble or adjust by yourself.
- 2: The surroundings of the unit should be kept clean, dry, and well ventilated. Do not pile up sundries to avoid blocking the air inlet and outlet.
- 3: The air source heat pump water heater needs to frequently check whether the power supply of the unit and the wiring of the electrical system are firm and whether the electrical components have abnormal movements. If so, it should be repaired and replaced in time.
- 4: Always check whether the water replenishment, water tank safety valve, liquid level controller, and exhaust device of the water system are working normally, so as to prevent the air entering the system from reducing the water circulation, thereby affecting the heating capacity of the unit and the reliability of the unit operation.
- 5: When the actual water temperature of the air source heat pump water heater is inconsistent with the value displayed on the control panel of the unit, please check whether the temperature sensing device is in good contact.
- 6: The water filter installed outside the machine should be cleaned regularly to ensure that the water quality in the system is clean, so as to avoid the damage of the main machine caused by the dirty filter of the unit. In addition, air energy experts remind that if it is parked for a long time and used again, it is best to carefully check the entire system to prevent scale blockage.
AIRCAL HEAT PUMP CO., LTD.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us